|STATE OF LOUISIANA
OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR
BATON ROUGE, LOUISIANA
PROCLAMATION NO. 4 BJ 2008
By virtue of the authority vested in me I, Bobby Jindal, Governor of the state of Louisiana, HEREBY AMEND AND SUPPLEMENT CERTAIN ITEMS IN THE PROCLAMATION ISSUED ON FEBRUARY 1, 2008, TO CALL AND CONVENE THE LEGISLATURE OF LOUISIANA INTO EXTRAORDINARY SESSION to convene at the State Capitol, in the city of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, during twenty-one calendar days, to begin at 6:00 o'clock p.m. on Sunday, the tenth day of February, 2008, and ending no later than 6:00 o'clock p.m. on the 1st day of March 2008, as follows:
|ITEM NO. 2:
- prohibiting legislators, their spouses, and businesses in which they own
any interest from entering negotiated and competitively bid contracts with the
state that are authorized or renewed during the legislator’s term of office and
for one year thereafter, excluding retail transactions for less than $2,500;
- prohibiting statewide elected officials, executive branch department
heads, and legislators from performing lobbying services as a “consultant” or
otherwise during their term of service and for one year thereafter.
|ITEM NO. 4:
- proposing an amendment to the Constitution of Louisiana requiring that
public servants convicted of a crime related to their public office forfeit the
tax-payer portion of their pension.
|ITEM NO. 6:
||To legislate relative to:
- enabling the Office of Inspector General by statute;
- granting authority to local inspectors general and ethical governing bodies
to issue and enforce subpoenas in state court and providing for confidentiality
during investigations by such;
- expanding whistleblower protection to prohibit threats of reprisal to
public servants; and
- authorizing qui tam incentives and standing to citizens to pursue public
fraud cases when the state refuses to act.
|ITEM NO. 7:
- identifying the permissible sources for the payment of fines.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have here unto set my
hand and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of the
state of Louisiana, at the Capitol, in the city of Baton
Rouge, on this 4th day of February, 2008.