Rule 2.12. Sergeant at Arms; duties
The duties of the Sergeant at Arms shall be the following:
(1) To be in attendance in the House Chamber while the House is in session.
(2) To maintain order in the House Chamber and in the committee rooms and offices of the House and of its officers and employees.
(3) To attend, or cause an assistant sergeant at arms to attend, each committee meeting during sessions of the legislature, and such meetings between sessions as directed by the Speaker, for the purpose of assisting the chairman in any manner that will aid the work of the committee.
(4) Under the direction of the Speaker and the Clerk to oversee the physical arrangement of the House Chamber, the committee rooms, and offices of the House and of its officers and to maintain security therein.
(5) Under the direction of the Speaker and the Clerk to be responsible for the carrying out of the duties of all assistant sergeants at arms.
(6) To execute all such process as may be issued by authority of the House as he shall be directed to execute by the Speaker.
(7) To carry out all commands and directions of the House or the Speaker.
HR 3, 1973.