Skip Navigation Links
      RS 12:509     


§509.  Disposition of movable property of inactive unincorporated association

If an unincorporated association has been inactive for three years, or for a longer or shorter period specified in a document of the association, a person in possession or control of movable property of the association may transfer custody of the property as follows:

(1)  If a document of an unincorporated association specifies a person to whom transfer is to be made under these circumstances, to that person.

(2)  If no person is so specified, to an unincorporated association or nonprofit corporation pursuing broadly similar purposes, or to a government or governmental subdivision, agency, or instrumentality.

Acts 2008, No. 877, §1.

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062