Skip Navigation Links
      RS 37:1533     


§1533.  Veterinary faculty license

A.  The board may issue a veterinary faculty license to any qualified applicant who is employed by a college or university in the state and who is involved in the instructional program of either undergraduate or graduate veterinary medical students, provided the applicant:

(1)  Is compensated for the practice aspects of his services from state, federal, or institutional funds, or a combination thereof, and not from the patient-owner beneficiary of his practice services.  

(2)  Furnishes the board with proof that he is a graduate of a veterinary college or division of a university or college that offers the degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or its equivalent and that is accredited by the American Veterinary Medical Association, and is the holder of a valid license to practice veterinary medicine in a state, territory or district of the United States having license requirements, at the time the applicant was first licensed, which were substantially equivalent to the requirements of this Chapter, and who wishes to be accredited in order to fulfill the functions and duties of clinical instruction.  

(3)  Submits payment of an original registration fee as set forth in R.S. 37:1518(3)(b).  

B.  Any license issued under this Section shall be canceled for any of the reasons and under the same conditions set forth in R.S. 37:1526, or if the holder of the veterinary faculty license permanently moves out of this state or leaves the employment of the college or university.  

C.  Any license under this Section shall be subject to the same renewal fee as set forth in R.S. 37:1518(3)(c).  

Acts 1985, No. 217, §1.  

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062