Skip Navigation Links
      CCP 5001     



Art. 5001.  Appeals from city and parish courts

A.  Except as provided in Paragraph B of this Article, an appeal from a judgment rendered by a parish court or by a city court shall be taken to the court of appeal.

B.  Appeal from a judgment rendered by a city court located in the Nineteenth Judicial District shall be taken to the district court of the parish in which the court of original jurisdiction is located.

C. Appeal shall be on the record and shall be taken in the same manner as an appeal from the district court.

Acts 1986, No. 156, §1; Acts 2001, No. 1134, §1.

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062