CHC 1004.1     

Art. 1004.1.  Termination of rights; children in state custody

The department shall file and pursue to judgment in the trial court a petition to terminate the parental rights of the parent or parents if the child has been in state custody for seventeen of the last twenty-two months, unless the department has documented in the case plan a compelling reason why filing is not in the best interest of the child.

Acts 1999, No. 544, §1.