Skip Navigation Links
      CCP 1151     



Art. 1151.  Amendment of petition and answer; answer to amended petition

A plaintiff may amend his petition without leave of court at any time before the answer thereto is served.  He may be ordered to amend his petition under Articles 932 through 934.  A defendant may amend his answer once without leave of court at any time within ten days after it has been served.  Otherwise, the petition and answer may be amended only by leave of court or by written consent of the adverse party.

A defendant shall plead in response to an amended petition within the time remaining for pleading to the original pleading or within ten days after service of the amended petition, whichever period is longer, unless the time is extended under Article 1001.

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062