Skip Navigation Links
      CCP 4432     


Art. 4432.  Possession or removal of property from state

In order to take possession of the minor's property, or to remove any of it from the state, a tutor or guardian appointed by a court outside Louisiana shall file a petition for authority to do so in the court of the parish where the property, or any of it, is situated.  The court shall render a judgment granting the authority prayed for, if the foreign tutor or guardian alleges in his petition that there are no Louisiana creditors of the minor, or that all such known creditors have been paid; and attaches to his petition an irrevocable power of attorney appointing a resident of this state to receive service of process in any action or proceeding brought in Louisiana to enforce a claim against the minor, or against any of the minor's property in this state.

Amended by Acts 1966, No. 36, §1.

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062