Skip Navigation Links
      CCP 4642     


Art. 4642.  Partition in kind, dispensing with drawing of lots when authorized by court

A.  Property may be divided in kind without the necessity of drawing lots therefor when all of the co-owners who are competent agree to the proposed partition, and the court has authorized it on behalf of the incompetent co-owner, as provided in Articles 4271 and 4566.

B.  In such event there is no necessity for a judicial partition, and the division of the property may be made by agreement of the co-owners, with the legal representative of an incompetent co-owner executing the act of partition in behalf of the incompetent whom he represents.

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062