Skip Navigation Links
      CCP 4862     


Art. 4862. Motion to recuse

            A. When a written motion is made to recuse a judge of a parish or city court or a justice of the peace, not later than seven days after the judge or justice of the peace receives the motion from the clerk of court, the judge or justice of the peace shall either recuse himself, or the motion to recuse shall be tried in the manner provided by Article 4863.

            B. If the motion to recuse fails to set forth a ground for recusal under Article 151, the judge or justice of the peace may deny the motion without the appointment of another judge or a hearing but shall provide written reasons for the denial.

            Acts 1979, No. 46, §1, eff. Jan. 1, 1980; Acts 2021, No. 143, §1; Acts 2022, No 38, §1.

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062