Skip Navigation Links
      CCP 806     


Art. 806.  Public officer

When an officer of the state, or of a municipality, parish, political subdivision, agency, or public corporation, who is a party dies, resigns, or otherwise ceases to hold office, his successor may be substituted therefor on ex parte written motion of the successor or any other party, supported by an affidavit of the truth of the facts alleged.  A copy of the order substituting the successor shall be served on the adverse party by mail.

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062