Skip Navigation Links
      RS 32:1270.3     


§1270.3.  Sale of water-damaged marine products

A.  No person shall sell, transfer, or convey any new or used marine product to any person without notifying the buyer or receiver of the marine product in writing of the extent of any water damage from flooding which occurred to the marine product prior to the transaction.

B.  If a sale, transfer, or conveyance of a new or used marine product occurs in violation of Subsection A of this Section, the person receiving ownership and title to the marine product who is not otherwise aware of the damage at the time of the transaction may bring an action to set aside the transaction within one year from the date of the transaction and receive all monies or other property given as consideration for the marine product less a reasonable assessment for wear and tear.

C.  For the purposes of this Section, a "water-damaged marine product" means any marine product whose power train, computer, or electrical system has been damaged by flooding.

Acts 2012, No. 326, §1.

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062