Skip Navigation Links
      RS 30:153     


§153.  Agencies may lease or administer through State Mineral and Energy Board

A.  Any agency may by resolution direct the State Mineral and Energy Board to lease its land in the manner provided in Subpart A of this Part.  The bonus money, if any, received for the lease shall be transmitted by the State Mineral and Energy Board to the agency. After the execution of the original lease, all rights and authority in connection therewith shall be vested in the agency to the same extent as if the agency had itself leased the land.

B.  Upon request, the State Mineral and Energy Board may administer and manage the leases of any levee district, state university, state college, state penal or charitable institution, or agency, unit, or institution of the state.  If  the State Mineral and Energy Board agrees to administer and manage such leases, the parties shall enter into a cooperative endeavor agreement to accomplish this purpose.

Amended by Acts 1950, No. 290, §3; Acts 2008, No. 93, §1; Acts 2009, No. 196, §2, eff. July 1, 2009.

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062