Skip Navigation Links
      RS 30:179.11     


§179.11. Authorization to enter into agreements during controversy relating to submerged lands

            In regard to the controversy between the United States and the state of Louisiana as to whether any portion of any submerged land is owned and controlled by the state of Louisiana under the provisions of the Submerged Lands Act (43 U.S.C. 1301 et seq.) (Public Law 31, 83rd Congress; 67 Stat. 29), or whether such lands are owned and controlled by the United States under the provisions of the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act (43 U.S.C. 1301 et seq.) (Public Law 212, 83 Congress; 67 State. 462), or any amendment or revision thereof, the State Mineral and Energy Board is authorized, with the concurrence and approval of the governor, to negotiate and enter into agreements for and on behalf of the state of Louisiana, with any lessee or future lessee of the state of Louisiana, to negotiate and enter into tentative agreements or stipulations with the United States, or any present or future grantee or lessee of the United States, respecting the ownership and boundaries of such lands and operations under any mineral lease on any other sums payable thereunder, including withdrawals from such deposits in escrow or impoundment, pending the settlement or adjudication of the controversy. Payments or deposits made pursuant to any such agreement shall be considered as being in compliance with the terms of the applicable lease. Upon the final settlement or adjudications of such controversy, all sums so impounded shall be paid to the parties entitled thereto. Any sums finally determined to be payable to the state of Louisiana shall be deposited with the proper state agency in accordance with the constitution and laws of this state.

            Acts 1964, No. 311, §1; Acts 2009, No. 196, §2, eff. July 1, 2009.

If you experience any technical difficulties navigating this website, click here to contact the webmaster.
P.O. Box 94062 (900 North Third Street) Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70804-9062