RS 32:807     

§807.  Transfers of scrapped motor vehicles

A.  Unless transferred by a dismantler and parts recycler or motor vehicle crusher licensed by this commission, all transfers of motor vehicles shall be accompanied by the delivery of possession of the certificate of title, a permit to sell, or the permit to dismantle the motor vehicle, as required under R.S. 32:716 or 717, whichever is applicable, by the transferor to the transferee thereof.

B.  No motor vehicle crusher or scrap metal processor acquiring a motor vehicle from any person, firm, or corporation who is not licensed under the provisions of this Part as a dismantler and parts recycler or as a motor vehicle crusher shall crush, compact, demolish, shred, or otherwise recycle for scrap such motor vehicle until after applying with the Department of Public Safety and Corrections, office of motor vehicles, for a permit to dismantle the motor vehicle for scrap in accordance with the applicable provisions and procedures set forth in R.S. 32:716 or 717, unless a permit to dismantle or a permit to sell such motor vehicle has previously been issued to the seller and transferred to the purchaser of the motor vehicle.

C.  A scrap metal processor, upon receiving a copy of the license from a used motor vehicle dealer, dismantler and parts recycler, or motor vehicle crusher, shall be authorized to rely on the validity of said license for the term of said license unless and until the scrap metal processor receives actual written notice from the commission that said license has been revoked, suspended, or canceled.

Acts 2006, No. 440, §1.