CHC 1305.6     

Art. 1305.6. Contest by obligor

            A. An obligor may contest the validity or enforcement of an income-withholding order issued in another state and received directly by an employer in this state by registering the order in a tribunal of this state and filing a contest to that order as provided in Section 6, or otherwise contesting the order in the same manner as if the order had been issued by a tribunal of this state.

            B. The obligor shall give notice of the contest to:

            (1) A support enforcement agency providing services to the obligee;

            (2) Each employer that has directly received an income-withholding order relating to the obligor; and

            (3) The person designated to receive payments in the income-withholding order or, if no person is designated, to the obligee.

            Acts 1997, No. 1241, §1, eff. July 15, 1997; Acts 2015, No. 80, §1, eff. July 1, 2015.