CHC 1514     

Art. 1514.  Petition for voluntary transfer

A.  A proceeding under this Chapter shall be commenced by written petition.

B.  Except as otherwise provided in this Article, all persons or organizations lawfully exercising legal custody of the child shall join in the petition.

C.  If a legal custodian is unable or unwilling to join in the petition, the petition shall state with particularity the reasons therefor.

D.  If a guardian has been appointed, a petition for voluntary transfer may not be filed. To change a guardianship order a motion to modify the guardianship may be filed in accordance with Article 724.

Acts 1991, No. 235, §15, eff. Jan. 1, 1992; Acts 2011, No. 128, §1.