RS 32:1270.27     

§1270.27.  Sale of water-damaged recreational vehicles

A.  No person shall sell, transfer, or convey any new or used recreational vehicle to any person without notifying the buyer or receiver of the recreational vehicle in writing of the extent of any water damage from flooding which occurred to the recreational vehicle prior to the transaction.

B.  If a sale, transfer, or conveyance of a new or used recreational vehicle occurs in violation of Subsection A of this Section, the person receiving ownership and title to the recreational vehicle who is not otherwise aware of the damage at the time of the transaction may bring an action to set aside the transaction within one year from the date of the transaction and receive all monies or other property given as consideration for the vehicle less a reasonable assessment for miles driven.

C.  For the purposes of this Section, a "water-damaged vehicle" means any recreational vehicle whose power train, computer, or electrical system has been damaged by flooding.

Acts 2012, No. 326, §1.