CHC 1307.11     

Art. 1307.11. Modification of convention child support order

            A. A tribunal of this state may not modify a Convention child support order if the obligee remains a resident of the foreign country where the support order was issued unless:

            (1) The obligee submits to the jurisdiction of a tribunal of this state, either expressly or by defending on the merits of the case without objecting to the jurisdiction at the first available opportunity; or

            (2) The foreign tribunal lacks or refuses to exercise jurisdiction to modify its support order or issue a new support order.

            B. If a tribunal of this state does not modify a Convention child support order because the order is not recognized in this state, Article 1307.8(C) applies.

            Acts 2015, No. 80, §1, eff. July 1, 2015.