House Committee on Civil Law and Procedure
April 13, 2017
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Requests the Louisiana State Law Institute to study tutorship and the legal capacity of an emancipated minor
- Increases the medical malpractice cap in certain circumstances
- Amends provisions of law regarding divorce
- Provides relative to the filing of requests for medical review panels
- Provides for the acceptance of a child surrendered for adoption by the Department of Children and Family Services
- Provides relative to the stay of discovery in certain proceedings
- Provides for time frames in the Louisiana Medical Malpractice Act