House Committee on Municipal, Parochial and Cultural Affairs
April 20, 2017
= already considered.
= currently being considered.
= not yet considered.
**Click on an instrument for additional information. Click on an author for the author's home page.
CALL TO ORDER
DISCUSSION OF LEGISLATION
- Provides relative to compensation for members of the Livingston Parish planning commission for attending meetings
- Provides relative to the Pointe Coupee Parish library
- Provides relative to the naming of the Madisonville branch library in St. Tammany Parish
- Authorizes the governing authority of the town of Jonesboro to levy and collect a hotel occupancy tax
- Allows for the imposition of community service as a possible penalty for a violation of any parish ordinance (EG SEE FISC NOTE LF)
- Provides relative to the West Baton Rouge Parish Tourist Commission
- Provides that the water company for Tangipahoa Parish collect sewerage bills
- Increases the maximum hotel occupancy tax authorized to be levied by the West Feliciana Parish Tourist Commission (EG +$100,000 LF RV See Note)
- Provides with respect to financial security for survivors of federal law enforcement officers (OR SEE FISC NOTE SG EX)
- Authorizes the St. John the Baptist Sheriff to name a law enforcement training facility in honor of retired St. John the Baptist Parish Sheriff Lloyd B. Johnson
- Provides relative to employees of the Simmesport Housing Authority (OR DECREASE SG RV See Note)
- Provides relative to the Lake Barrington Subdivision Improvement District in Orleans Parish
- Provides relative to the Upper Audubon Security District in Orleans Parish
- Provides relative to the Audubon Area Security District in Orleans Parish